From Son to Father…


No man is perfect, however rarely would anyone ever see what few lesser qualities my late father may have had. That is the mark of a true Gentleman, and how most who knew my late father will remember him. My late father was often not a man of many words, and few would ever have had a bad word about my late father.

My late father had a difficult start to life, my late father worked hard all his life, having left school to work at many places with the hope of becoming a somebody for his family. Unfortunately he grew a bit tall for that pursuit, however he never let a lack of education stand in the way of providing for his family. He grew up in some very hard times, and did not like to see things wasted "Might come in handy one day" was something he used to say, and he preferred make do with what he had, rather than buy something new.

My late father was a simple man who appreciated the simple joy's life offered. He reminisced recently about some of the fun times he had with his brother and sisters, in a time when the world was a more peaceful place. Warm, quiet, gentle and patient are some words that come to mind when thinking of my late father. He believed in fairness and wasn't someone to complain about things.

My late father loved his golf, having played for many years. He played his last game several days before going into Malacca General Hospital, so it's safe to say he played his favourite sport as long as he possibly could. At one stage his handicap was as low as 11, and my late father also had the joy of shooting a hole in one during his life. His favourite golf club at Air Keroh Country Club, Malacca.

My late father was a family man, and spent most of his time at home. Words cannot express what he meant to his family, and what his family meant to him. He had a loving wife who cared for him, and that care was exceptional during the last years and months of his life. Only Rohani and Yahaya can fully appreciate the depth of their bond formed over 30 years together.

To his three sons, my late father was an inspiration. No thanks could ever be enough for the countless things he did for Along, Angah & Adik over the years, except to try to be as good a Father. The lessons our Parents teach, without ever knowing it, help make us who we are today.

My late father had the joy of spending time almost every day with my mother, Rohani. It's impossible to express a man's life in these few words, but the gift my late father has given those that knew him throughout those years will live on. The sadness of losing my late father is great, as were the many good times shared with him.

I believe, my late father would wish us to remember those happy times. Finally, maybe when we see my late father favourite golf set, we'll smile to ourself in memory of a wonderful man, who will be deeply missed and fondly remembered.

"I hope that anyone reading this blog will, for a small moment in time, think about what my late father meant to me and know a little about his life".

"I love You Abah". Al-Fatihah.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very interesting blog...... i like your blog........... keep moving......

___________________
Smarry
Online Marketing of your brand

Mohd Yazri Bin Yahaya said...

Dear Smarry,

Thanks a Lot. Keep In Touch.

_shambhavi_ said...

this reminds me of my father...
its strange hopw our fathers mould so much of the person we become...
:)

a nice blog here...
keep posting...
n check mine if u gt the time..
cheers..

Mohd Yazri Bin Yahaya said...

Dear Shambhavi,

Thanks for coming. Im just writing something that related to my current feeling and its can remind me of the loss.

So plz keep in touch. Take care. Bye