Tribute To My Father



This was my first speech for my late Father.

My Father served the government for almost 20 years and Pantai Medivest Sdn Bhd for almost 10 years. He was everyone’s favorite friend & neighbour. Everybody calls him,
"Abang Tapah or Pak Yah"

My Father died, July 30, 2007. I am not very accustomed in making speeches & not very vocal about my emotions. But this time, I really want to express my feelings and talk about my Father.

If there are far more greater words to describe how my Father was then let me use it. But there’s really no need for words, because my Father’s life spoke loud and clear enough. What tribute can you pay a man whose whole life was a tribute. I don’t think there was anyone who knew him that didn’t like him. He was a good man, I was lucky to have him as my father.

When I was a kid, I used to see him wearing his uniform while carrying me in his arm… fetching me from school, because it is flooded and it made me feel very proud.

Another vivid memory of him was, when I went through the stage of being failed an exam, I was crying miserably. I stayed in my room all day. He came up to me, sat beside my bed and gave me comfort and advised me to let go & move on.

Not that my Father was perfect, But in my life, I never felt for a moment that he wasn’t there for me. He always supports me with my plans, Unfortunately he will not be physically present , to see my dreams being fulfilled.


I wouldn’t be able to see his face light up & would pat me on my head and say, "very good son, but don’t forget to thank the Allah for all His blessings". My father always made me strong to accept trials & sufferings in my life…
But his sudden loss made me realize that I am vulnerable, for this is the most painful & saddest thing that ever happened to me. But I know that my Father wouldn’t want me to see grieving...

I am going to miss him…

I love you "Abah", I will miss you, But will never forget who you are & will always talk about you and tell your grand children about their grandpa who always tried to give somethings in his life.

And to you "Abah"…

As a Father… Mission Accomplished

As a Golfer ... Hole In One

As a Retired Person
(Government and Pantai Medivest Sdn Bhd)

… Now go and be with Allah and Be in peace…

I Love you "Abah"… Al- Fatihah

No comments: